You wait for days to hear some type of communication from your husband. It could be a phone call, skype, Facebook chat, email, or a letter. It has been 18 days since Eli left. He has been able to call 4 times, write on my FB 4 times and has skyped with me Twice!! I feel lucky. I havent receieved any letters from him and he hasn't got any of the letters or packages that I have sent. This deployment is already so different from the others but no two are just alike. When he went to Iraq I didnt hear from him for the first two weeks he was gone. Then he called and emailed frequently and skyped. And letters took about 10 days to get. After the Easter 2008 attacks we were able to talk every day until he came home. He was at an old palace in the Green Zone. Here is a link about those attacks. I dont want to forget. http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,544373,00.html
This new Company he is in is very....inexperienced (age and deployments, lots of boots aka never combat deployed) and seems to me to be unorganized and like everything was just throw together a few days before the deployment. Eli was previously in bravo and then 7 days before they left was put into newly formed weapons company. So that is a really scary feeling that the men in charge are going to learn from trial and error.. This past week a marine from C co stepped on an IED and then yesterday my girlfriend told me that her hubbys (b co) humvee hit an 60 lb IED. Luckily all of his guys were doing ok. Well anyhow... needless to say lately has been super emotional for me. I dont know exactly why (no im not pregnant so no need to ask)but it has been really emotionally hard having him gone, He just got back. We were only able to see him for a few weeks. We had an amazing few weeks though and I am soo thankful for them. I know I know I married a Marine, you knew what you were getting into, but ya know what I KNOW. It doesnt mean that I cant be sad or miss him because I do. Well onto another subject I am still having issues with my back and hip so im scheduled to go back to the chiropracter on thursday. I just want to be fine and get over this nonsense. I dont have time for this back pain im not old enough :). I finally downloaded all my pictures from my cell to the computer. I was VERY disappointed though. My pictures are all small and when I tried to enlarge them they were pixlated. (is that a word) any its so frustrating because its over a years worth of pictures... lets say over 1300. But now I can check that off my list. Tori and I went to Fayetteville let me say you arent missing anything if you dont go. It was a nice sized city but everywhere I drove seemed a bit run down and old... not a vintage awesome charcter either. We finished Tori's school shoppng and headed home. We had a great thunderstorm this morning and for about 3 hours this evening. My garage is full of water (again) but luckily all of my stuff is in plastic tubs! I am still going through boxes but I did 5 today. Medal please. haha. just joking. I am find that I do not have enough storage space. I thought that the cubbards were small and not enough but now I know I do not have enough room. So I am going to down size in the kitchen stuff department. I mean who needs a smoothie maker when you have another smoothie maker. haha. Eli bought a lot of stuff when he was living in his apartment and now we dont need it. I felt that i did get some stuff done today which is a nice feeling of accomplishment. I am sure that when our lease is up in June I will be finished decluttering and downsizing! Yahoo. well i guess you can call that my goal! Ok well adios. here are some more pics




3 comments:
I will definitely try and come visit you soon! Maybe in three weeks or so? And you are so right. Even though you knew what you were getting into when you got married to a Marine, that doesn't mean that you don't have a right to complain and be sad sometimes. Just because you knew about it doesn't really make it any less hard. Good luck to Tori in school this year!
Leslie I love you so much and I miss you baby
台湾辣妹视讯聊天室 , 台湾辣妹视讯聊天室 , 台湾辣妹视讯聊天室 , 台湾辣妹视讯聊天室 , 台湾辣妹视讯聊天室 , 台湾辣妹视讯聊天室 , 台湾辣妹视讯聊天室 , 台湾辣妹视讯聊天室 , 台湾辣妹视讯聊天室 , 台湾辣妹视讯聊天室
Post a Comment